We ensure the real estate closing process goes smoothly for our residential and commercial clients.
At NorthPointe Law Group, we ensure all real estate closings brought to our firm go smoothly for the buyer, the seller, and any other parties involved. If you have a real estate closing scheduled with our firm, here is what to expect from the process:
- Before the real estate closing, we ask that contracts and title requests be sent to our firm. Based on the order or contract, we will set up a tentative closing date.
- We send out engagement letters and agent sheets for completion to all applicable parties.
- We move forward with the real estate closing process after we are engaged by the borrower via the engagement letter.
- The title is ordered and a fees package is prepared for the lender with a copy of all requested documents.
- We review the agent sheets and begin collecting and ordering invoices.
- We share the loan packages and Closing Disclosure with the realtors involved with the transaction.
- The closing appointment occurs.
- Funding documents are sent to the lender, and we prepare these documents for recording.
- We update public records and then put the documents on record with the county.
- We fund the closing by sending out wires and checks.
- The loan package is returned to the lender, and we prepare our final title opinion.
If you would like to know more about the real estate closing process and what each of these steps entails, please reach out to us at NorthPointe Law Group. We look forward to ensuring the closing process goes smoothly for you from start to finish.